Saturday 7 January 2017

5 DAY OVERNIGHT OATINESS



I've never been one to have breakfast. I know it's the most important meal of the day but I can't normally face eating anything at 6am when I'm getting up for work. That was until I tried overnight oats. These bad boys are so easy to prepare in advance and can be removed from the fridge in the morning and eaten straight from the jar meaning there is no extra dishes to wash. Bonus! My guide below will make enough overnight oats for 5 mornings. Prepare them on a Sunday evening and that's 5 midweek breakfasts ready to go in less than 10 minutes. 

You will need five jars that can hold about 250ml in volume for this recipe and just make sure that that are clean and sterilized before you fill them so that they don't go off when stored in the fridge. A good food processor is needed too in order to whizz everything up. If you have everything ready to go then let's get crackin'.

Overnight Oats

350g Oats
4 Bananas
4 Heaped Tbsp Greek Yogurt
1 Litre Almond Milk
Handfull Of Mixed Berries And Seeds





  1. Add the oats, bananas, yogurt and almond milk into your food processor and give it a good whizz until smooth (do this in two batches by halving the ingredients if you need to!). Pour the mixture into your sterilized jars, seal and pop in the fridge overnight.
  2. When your ready to serve, crack open the lid of one jar and toss in a handfull of berries and seeds of your choice.
Now you can see I've not specified the berries and seeds to use as this really is completely up too you. Most things will work but as you can see from my pictures I find that a mixture of blueberries, raspberries and flax seeds work the best but I've also added in strawberries and sunflower seeds some mornings to mix it up a bit during the week. I do make my oats slightly less thicker than I think most people would like so the berries and nuts add some texture and crunch. If you like thicker oats than add a few more grams of oats to the mix. Experiment with the quantities until you find the consistency that you prefer. It's Oatilicious Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment